PDF Mix Tool is a simple and lightweight application that allows you to split, merge, rotate and mix PDF files.
It is written in C++ and depends only on Qt 5 and PoDoFo.
PDF Mix Tool is a free software distributed under the terms of the GNU GPLv3 license.
You can download the source archives of each release here.
The source repository is hosted on GitLab.
Generic GNU/Linux distribution
To install PDF Mix Tool on a generic GNU/Linux system download the source archive of the latest release, decompress it and run the following commands inside the "pdfmixtool-x.x" directory:
mkdir build cd build cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release make sudo make install
If you use Arch Linux, you can find PDF Mix Tool on the AUR.
Distributions supporting Flatpak
PDF Mix Tool is available on Flathub. You can install it with the following command:
flatpak install flathub eu.scarpetta.PDFMixTool
Distributions supporting Snaps
PDF Mix Tool is available on the Snap Store. You can install it with the following command:
sudo snap install pdfmixtool
- Add pdf files clicking on the "Add PDF file" button
- Double-click on a file entry to edit it
- Set pages filters using the format "1-5, 7-10, 15, 19" or "1-5 7-10 15 19". Leave the field blank to include the entire file
- You can use overlapping intervals, pages will be replicated
- Set multipage profile for each file
- Set page's rotation for each file
- You can add the same file more times
- Generate the output file clicking on the "Generate PDF" button and selecting the destination file
In this section there are some screenshots of PDF Mix Tool while executing some common tasks.
Merge 4 PDF files:
Rotate a PDF file:
Mix 3 PDF files:
Extract the first 20 pages from a PDF file:
Wrong pages filters:
Create a new custom multipage profile: